my photo editing process!!! Keep in mind I am no expert-i totally wing-it through things!!! here is what i do to my photos step by step...i am always open to new ideas as well!!!
keep in mind it was very cloudy
auto white balance
all done in CS3-sorry Kammie!!!
2. I added Maggie's Lighten Up action to the photo
3-1. now i will show you what three different color enhancing actions will do to my photo...on this photo is Maggie's Simple Color Burst after i have done steps 1 & 2...
3-2. after doing steps 1 & 2 i added Indie's Color Foundation
3-3. i tried Indie Color Rich II after doing steps 1 & 2...
3-4. after doing steps 1 & 2...i have tried Maggie's Color Pop action...this is the one I will stick with and i can move on to step 4...i like this action because it gave the photo a nice depth & contrast...not because the other actions were bad...they just didn't work for this photo!!
4. i used the clone stamp to get rid of the biker & the trash can!!
5. Unsharp Mask-set to 175-2-4
6. I love to add MCP burnt edge I action....to darken the edges...I also love Brenda's vingette action...
7. this is my finish photo with MCP gallery frame-love it!!!
ok...after i did step #4...I added MCP free *Take Action on Cancer Awareness* action...it's a great blk/wht action that has 14 color overlays...this photo i added the blue, blk, peach and orange ribbon overlays!!! then added the USM, vingette and Frame.
second look with different actions...
1. now let's try this same photo with a few different actions...so far what I have done to this photo is ran the Neat Image...this is the very first photo again
2. this time my second step is adding Maggie's Color Pop action
3. adding Leah's Sweetlightx action gives my photo a warmer look...
4. i then ran Indie's s-curve which added a great contrast & depth
5. i finished it off with MCP burnt edge I & MCP gallery frame!!!!
I hope this helps you all...and I hope i was clear, lol
keep in mind not all actions work on all photos in the same way...you have to play with them...try them to see what they can do to your photo...mix them up...or use just one for a good color boost...you will find that certain actions work better on light or darker photos...i have found that one action may not work AS WELL on one photo taken outdoors as it did on others, etc....
there are also actions for skin, eyes, teeth...photo sizing & frames!!!